- Plans for Cutting Endangered Mainland Moose Habitat
- Nova Scotia Forest Harvest Plan Viewer This is an essential tool for learning what the plans are for our public forest by the N.S. Department of Lands and Forestry.
- Use a Aerial Photo backgroud (see 4 square upper right)
- Add Archived Plans (see layers on the left)
- Make a comment on a plan – (click on envelope on left)
Page of directions for using the N. S. Forest Harvest Plan Viewer
- Article: Bob Bancroft –Forest Plantations Defy the Science and Ignore the Economics.
Replacing productive land with a monoculture plantation is OK for fast profits but bad for land and forestry. Forestry science is being ignored.
- Healthy Forest Coalition
This is a great source of information showing the problems with Nova Scotia’s current forest habitats. For a overall view of the situation we recommended the History of N.S. Forestry
- Nova Scotia Forestry Review by William Lahey – 2018 (M.S. Word document)
- Investigative reporting by Linda Pannozzo in the Halifax Examiner about the destruction of Nova Scotia forests and its politics.
- Feeding the Fire: Biomass and Nova Scotia’s Race for the Bottom – 4 March 2016
- Biomass, Freedom of Information, and the Silence of the DNR Company Men – 8 April 2016
- Biomass, Freedom of Information, and the DNR Company Men, Part 2: ( An Open Letter to the FOIPOP Review Officer ) – 3 June 2016
- BIOMASS, FREEDOM OF INFORMATION AND THE SILENCE OF THE DNR COMPANY MEN ( PART 3: WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THIS REPORTER GOT CALLED DOWN TO THE OFFICE ) – 21 September 2016
- FOREST TRAGEDY ( HOW THE FOREST INDUSTRY AND COMPLIANT BUREAUCRATS HIJACKED THE PUBLIC WILL ) – 12 September 2016
- MUZZLING THE FOREST KEEPERS ( A FIELD GUIDE TO BOREAL FELT LICHEN AND DNR MESSAGE CONTROL ) – 4 November 2016 [ Behind Pay Barrier ]