The Young Naturalist Club - Annapolis Chapter is very pleased to be part of a new, fun, free nature program for young and old in the heart of the Valley called Flying Squirrel Adventures.
We know that nature is always teaching; Flying Squirrel Adventures helps facilitate the learning about nature IN nature by bringing people together to share, explore and grow. This program will help people connect with nature through games, activities, challenges, discussions, presentations, workshops and more!
WHEN: Every 3rd Saturday of the month, rain or shine, year-round. 10 am - 12:15 pm.
WHERE: In the Kentville Ravine – an amazing landscape and ecosystem that will serve as our outdoor classroom!
WHAT: We will run two streams of programming: children (focused on age 7-12) and adults and bring everyone together for a sharing circle. Full details available on the website https://valleyflyingsquirrel.wordpress.com/
The Flying Squirrel is a symbol of being curious and having fun in nature! Also, the flying squirrel is active all through the year, and is very social and hangs out with a group. Just like us!
We will also continue to have YNC specific events throughout the year at various locations in the Valley
All events are FREE, and children and families are welcome to join the Young Naturalists Club at ANY TIME throughout the year!
For more information contact email@example.com
- REGISTRATION IS OPEN - Nova Scotia Celebration of Nature - 2019 at Liscombe Lodge
Friday, May 24, 2019 - Sunday, May 26, 2019 - 12:00 am
- YNC AGM
Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Dark Chocolate Hike: Fall in Love with Nature - a joint fundraiser with Hike Nova Scotia
Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Berwick Christmas Bird Count 4 Kids - rescheduled to January 5th!
Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 9:30 am - 11:30 am
- YNC at Nocturne 2018 - Illuminating Stories from the Sky
Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 6:00 pm - 11:30 pm
- Young Naturalists Club AGM
Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- 2018 Nature Nova Scotia Celebration of Nature - family weekend
Friday, May 25, 2018 - Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 12:00 am
- YNC/Flying Squirrel Adventures - May Event
Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 9:45 am - 12:15 pm
- Berwick YNC at Hutt's Marsh with DUC
Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 9:45 am - 12:00 pm
- Flying Squirrel Adventures launches - Getting to know the ravine!
Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 1:00 pm
- Berwick YNC is going tracking!
Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 9:45 am - 12:00 pm
- Youth Nature Art Show - Berwick Public Library
Saturday, February 24, 2018 - Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 12:00 am