2008 – 30 May- 1 June – Annual General Meeting – Barrington, N.S.
Nature Nova Scotia Annual General Meeting – 2008
- Friday – May 30 Evening "meet and greet" plus Owls and Astronomy
- Saturday – May 31 All day field trips lead by naturalists of the area
- Sunday – June 1 Breakfast and Nature N.S. AGM then afternoon field trips.
Location: Barrington and Barrington Passage Area, Nova Scotia The Deep South of Nova Scotia at N43.5 W65.6 Seal Island by Richard Stern Programme – Detailed Agenda for the Weekend
Come and join other naturalist from Nova Scotia in the exploration and enjoyment of nature in this wonderful area of the province. The Main Centre for Activities will be the Barrington Visitor's Information Centre 2517 Hwy #3, Barrington, N.S., B0W 1E0.This year we are asking that you arrange your own accommodations and bring your lunches. Registration:There is no fee but we need to know if you will be attending so that we can plan for Friday evening and Sunday morning.
- Lillian Perry: 902-637-2844 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claire Diggins: 902-825-6152 or email@example.com
- Further Information: Joan Czapalay: 902-405-4157 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For some attractions in the area see The Lighthouse Route – Tourism N.S. (Yarmouth-Barrington)Click on the Map Icon to access maps and locations of all the accommodations, and other points of interest in the area. Here are more links to useful information:
- Cape Sable Island Important Bird Area
- Blake Maybank's Guide to Birding Spots in Shelburne CountySee Blake's book "Birding Sites of Nova Scotia" for more details.
- Municipality of Barrington
- Shelburne County Attractions, Accommodations and Dining
See the list of Accomodations in the Area for possible places to stay. Map Showing the location in N.S. of the above Area Created on … April 27, 2008